Launched at MIDEM 2010 in Cannes, France, MusicDish*China is the latest online brand from MusicDish LLC, a digital music company, providing a unique insight into China's emerging music industry. Focused on the cultural hubs of Beijing and Shanghai as well as broader markets in Taiwan and Singapore, MusicDish*China has sponsored major events such as Midi Festival and INTRO 2010 and works closely with local stakeholder.
While worldwide music distribution has increasingly become a reality for indie artists and labels in the digital age, the largest market of music listeners - China - remains untapped, due to the lack of trusted online distribution such as iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, as well as government regulations & censorship. Added to this is the fact that all the major Western social sites (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube,...) are blocked by the Chinese government.
We think this video explains on an even deeper level than stats why you should be marketing your music in China...
MusicDish*China Marketing Campaign
Digital Distribution Through our partner in Asia, We can provide digital distribution through a dozen online and mobile outlets throughout Greater China (Taiwan, HK, China and Singapore/Malaysia).
Translation/Communications Our Chinese staff will translate your marketing material, write original material and reviews on your music/video as well as interact with fans and tastemakers through social media, all in Chinese.
Social Media/Digital Marketing We've built active network of social media sites through our MusicDish*China brand, through which we will:
* make your music available for streaming on sites such as Douban, Tudou and Sina Music
* promote marketing material on MusicDish*China blogs, including DianDian, AliveNotDead, Sina
* promotion through MusicDish*China label page on major music site Douban
* promotion through Chinese social media sites, including Weibo, Sohu, QZone,...
* music video promotion through Chinese video sharing sites: Tudou, Youku, Ku6,...